Friday, February 6, 2009

Goodbye letter

So I wrote my partner a letter after we broke up, which we do often. However, I thought this really would be the last time but now we are back together lol. [I will show pictures later]. Here it is though:


Dearest Tim,

I really wanted to write you this letter days ago but I couldn't find the right words to say. After not talking to you for what seemed like forever, I think I have found exactly what I want to say to you. First, I want to tell you that I love you and not a day has gone by that I have loved you any less than the day before. Not a day has gone by that I wasn't thinking about you. The past year has been a very eventful year for the both of us and through it all I have come out a different person. I've learned how to love and allow myself to be loved again despite past relationships, this has been the most meaningful. You have been my everything, my world. I will never forget the good times we had as lovers and as friends.

No one could have said it better then when Jasmine Sullivan said, "Just cause I love you and you love me, it doesn't mean that we're meant to be." This is so true, there is no other person I have ever loved more than 'you'. However, we are just way too different to be together. We can't work out. I can pray all day long and wish and hope but things will still be the same. And we both know that we tried our hardest but you just can't force something that isn't there. We need to grow away from each other because we are both growing at different rates and in different directions at this point in our lives. We are too often bumping heads and not concentrating on 'us' because of other factors around us. If I am ever telling someone a story about the past year, you are always in every single one. And although people see all the bad that has come from this relationship, we know the good things and I will forever hold those memories close to my heart. Oh gosh, this is the point where I am getting all choked up. I'm trying hard not to cry. It just sucks because I can't be with the very person that I love so much. I don't think it is healthy for either of us to 'stay'.

I'm sorry I wasn't a very good girlfriend to you. I was the best that I could be and I promise that I never half assed one day of our relationship. This is me, and every emotion was real...every hug and kiss was just as sincere as the last...amd everytime I said I hated you, I really meant I love you. I don't know what the future holds for us. Who knows if we will ever be together again some day. If not this lifetime, I'll be looking for you in the end. You mean the world to me, don't you ever believe otherwise. Good luck in all that you do with your life and keep your head up. This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, and LOVE to complete your life. I love you my heart, my love, my bestfriend, my past...present...and future: TSB

With love always,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was absolutely beautiful and if it doesn't make him think, something is very wrong! You put your heart into that letter so you obviously love him very much. I think it can work - especially, if he puts as much effort into it as you do. Love is NEVER perfect and I can relate so much to your journey, so I wish you ALL THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete