Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Accepting people and their differences

Ok, so, a friend of mine comes to me with a problem. She is angry because one of her friends has been really into her new job and doesn't seem to hang with her friends as often as she used to. Her friend has been training alot and spending more time with the people she works with. My friends dilemma is that once her friend has the time to come around, it's just not enough. Me, personally, I think that is very selfish of her to be mad at her friend for enjoying life and doing something she likes to do. My advice to my friend was to let her friend do what she loves and still be a friend to her whenever she comes around. A supportive friend would just let her do her thing and whenever she came around act like things are the same. Never make your friends choose between the things they love the most, especially their careers. I understand you may feel a little neglected but, trust, your friends don't like you any less. Don't be all angry about it, things wont change.

Everyone is different. Just because you believe a persons behavior is unacceptable doesn't mean they understand where your coming from. Always approach every situation with an open mind and look at things from all perspectives. I use to get angry because my friends didn't return my calls or come around as often as I would like. Now, I just chill. Just because someone isn't being the friend you expect doesn't mean they aren't being the best friend they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment